Friday, May 20, 2011

Volunteering Is Good For The SOUL


Working for HOPE has definitely been an out-of-body experience. One thing I’ve noticed is that whether you are working or volunteering for HOPE, you find yourself willingly diving into the deep end to help HOPE achieve its goals of helping families in crisis and preventing homelessness in our community. It’s almost as though I have become addicted to philanthropy and I encourage others to embrace the high of giving and helping. Suddenly every conversation I have ends with a conversation about HOPE and a pledge from a friend or acquaintance to help in any way they can! It’s an amazing feeling – this feeling of righteousness – and I implore each and every one of you to try doing ONE thing this week to help someone in your community. 

Wondering how? EASY!

Check out our volunteer video!



As always, be sure to check out our website at www.HopeHelps.org for information on HOPE as well as our calendar and all upcoming events!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I love volunteering there.
    I know there are some days when I walk in the door in the morning and all of a sudden and a few aches later it's almost ready to close up shop.
    I love what I do and the people around me and not only that...when I can help someone "lose themselves in finding a good book"
    Barb (the booklady)

    ReplyDelete